What is the Maryland Educational Opportunity Center (MEOC)?
MEOC is a community based program that provides free counseling, information and technical assistance to adults and youths interested in going to college or other postsecondary schools. Headquartered in Baltimore City, outreach services are conveniently offered in several locations in the city and Howard County.
- Guidance to help you select the right college and program
- Help developing your Individual Education Plan
- College admissions, financial aid and scholarship information
- Help completing admissions and financial aid applications
- Career in formation and required education
- Workshops on a variety of topics—motivation, self-esteem, career decision making
- Practice tests, referrals, and online tutoring for GED test preparation
- Maryland residents nineteen (19) years of age or older and non-connected high school aged youths
- Low-income or first generation college bound
- Interested in continuing your education beyond the high school level
The Maryland Educational Opportunity Center, a federal TRIO program, is one of 124 Educational Opportunity Centers in the country. Since 1968, MEOC (formerly Direct Search for Talent) has helped thousands of participants who have enrolled in schools and have been awarded millions of dollars in financial aid, including grants, scholarships and loans.
Sponsored by the national office of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated