Questions to Ask College RecruitersAdmissions || Tuition || Financial Aid || Dormitory Living || Extra-Curricular || Counseling || Health
College Fairs and visits by representatives to your school are great ways to get information about colleges. Here are some questions to ask recruiters about their colleges. The answers should help you make decisions about which school to attend.
- What are the admissions requirements?
- What SAT/ACT scores are acceptable?
- Are these scores more important than high school transcript?
- Would it be helpful to have letters of recommendation?
- Do extra-curricular activities and hobbies influence a student's chance of being accepted?
- How long does the admissions process take once the application is submitted?
- What is the yearly cost of tuition and fees?
- What is the cost of living in a dormitory?
- How much of a deposit is required to hold dormitiory space?
- Can cost be deferred? If so, for how long?
- What types of financial aid are available?
- Can students request deferment until financial aid is processed?
- Does the school have financial aid sources if a student is ineligible for Federal funds?
DORMITORY LIVING ARRANGEMENTS
- How many dormitories are on campus?
- Does the college offer off-campus living?
- How many students share a room?
- What type of amenities are available (laundry, recreation space, online access for computers, etc.)?
- What organizations are on campus?
- Are these clubs related to major fields of study?
COUNSELING & SUPPORT SERVICES
- What types of counseling services are offered to a freshman?
- Is peer counseling available?
- Is there a job placement service offered?
- Are there additional support services for students who have unique and unusual problems? For example, difficulty adjusting to campus life.
- Is tutorial assistance available?
- Is there a nurse or doctor on duty? To what extent can they help?
Back to Top